September 4 – 5, 2017 Incidents
Quiet Labour Day
It was a quiet Labour Day for the Brockville Police Service responding to 15 calls for service over the 24 hour period. During the day officers removed two unwanted persons from area residence and responded to one minor disturbance which broke up quickly on officer’s arrival.
Back To School
Now that children in all area School Boards are back to school, the Brockville Police Service will be again monitoring the school safety zones for traffic related offences.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind as students return to school:
- Leave yourself a little extra time to get wherever you are going. Don’t be in a rush and risk the safety of others
- When a bus has its arm extended and flashing lights you must stop. Do not proceed until the lights have been turned off as there still may be children coming or attempting to cross the street.
- Slowdown in school zones and be alert in residential neighbourhoods where children are present.
- Always obey the crossing guards and teach our children to do likewise
- If you drive your children to school, drive carefully in the school zone and never let you child out of the car where they could walk into traffic
The Brockville Police Service would like to wish parents and children a safe and successful school year in 2017-18.