Student Employment Opportunity (Fall/Winter 2019/2020)
Youth in Policing Initiative (YIPI) After School Program
Program purpose and objectives:
- Strengthen the relationship between youth, community and police
- Enable young people to acquire an understanding of some aspects of policing and encourage them to consider a career in policing
- Develop and promote community service with program participants
- To establish mentors and role models beyond the program
- Create work experience and assist in the development of job readiness skills
- Build confidence in youth
- Applicants must reside in the City of Brockville or attend a Brockville school
- Must be between 15 and 18 years of age
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted, and must not have any charges before the courts
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be able to work evenings (after school) and weekends
How to Apply
Please Email, or drop off in person, a résumé and cover letter outlining your interest in the program.
Application deadline is: Friday September 6, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Résumé and cover letter can be delivered to:
Brockville Police Service – Youth in Policing Initiative
c/o Community Safety Office
2269 Parkedale Avenue
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with the Brockville Police Service.