Student Employment Opportunity!
Brockville Police Service – Youth in Policing Initiative (YIPI)
Duration: Wednesday September 16, 2020 – Friday March 27, 2021 with the possibility of extending the program to end of school year
Program purpose and objectives:
- Strengthen the relationship between youth, community and police
- Enable young people to acquire an understanding of some aspects of policing and encourage them to consider a career in policing
- Develop and promote community service with program participants
- To establish mentors and role models beyond the program
- Create work experience and assist in the development of job readiness skills
- Build confidence in youth
- Applicants must reside in the City of Brockville or be enrolled in a Brockville school
- Must be between 15 and 18 years of age
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted, and must not have any charges before the courts
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends and evenings
How to Apply
Email, or deliver in person, a résumé and cover letter outlining your interest in the program to:
Constable Greg Francis – Community Safety Officer
2269 Parkedale Avenue
If you have any questions or wish to make alternate arrangements to submit an application please contact 613-342-0127 ext. 4228.
Application deadline is: Wednesday September 9, 2020
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with the Brockville Police Service.