Part Time Special Constable
The Brockville Police Service is currently seeking applications for part time Special Constables, who will be responsible primarily for prisoner control and court security functions.
To be considered for this position the applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Possess a secondary school diploma or higher;
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position;
- Successfully pass a security clearance and background investigation;
- Possess a valid Ontario Drivers Licence;
- Possess a valid First Aid and CPR certificate prior to commencement of employment;
- Be able to recognize priorities, multitask and work within deadlines;
- Must be able to meet the Ministry of the Solicitor General’s requirements for a Special Constable including being of good moral character and habits and have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted; and
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccination prior to employment
- Searching, guarding, controlling, caring for and transporting prisoners including youth within and outside the jurisdictions of the Brockville Police Service;
- On-call monitoring of police prisoner cells;
- Providing security and access screening to court facilities and courtrooms;
- Service of legal documents and execution of warrants and other court orders;
- Searching, evicting, arresting, or prohibiting entry to any persons deemed to be a threat public safety and/or the safety of the courts;
- Providing security at crime scenes;
- Obtaining DNA samples from persons as ordered by the Courts;
- Attending all related training as required; and
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience working within police, corrections or court environments, and with Records Managements systems will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive background check.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to the following address on or before Noon EST, Friday, October 6th, 2023.
Deputy Chief Andrew Harvie
Brockville Police Service
2269 Parkedale Avenue
Or email to email@example.com
We would like to thank you for your interest in the Brockville Police Service and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.