The Brockville Police Service only accepts applications for open positions. Currently, there is an opening for an I.T. Manager.
The Brockville Police Service is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of I.T. Manager. The Brockville Police serve the community of Brockville Ontario which has a population of approximately 23,215. The Brockville Police Service employs 70 full and part-time members.
The duties and responsibilities of the I.T. Manger are:
- Coordinate and assist third party hosted IT solution company
- Awareness of OPTIC and CPIC security
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to members as, required
- Provide desktop support
- Support and maintain the following:
- communications systems (radios, phone system)
- building internet/wireless system
- cell phones
- CCTV and recording systems (including pulling video for investigations)
- facilities support
- Provide IT support to other police services, as required
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned and/or requested
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed a post-secondary education, computer technology/networking programs will be considered an asset
- Possess Industry standard certificates
- 2 years related experience
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of basic computer networking, radio systems, printer technology
The successful candidate will be required to work a day shift schedule and occasional nights/weekends in order to meet operational requirements.
If you possess these qualities and would like to work in a fast paced environment, please forward a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, November 30, 2022, to the attention of:
Brockville Police Service
2269 Parkedale Avenue
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Civilian members play an important role in the Brockville Police Service. Civilians hold positions in several units such as administration, communications, records, human resources, courts, property, finance, and information technology services. Civilians are employed as permanent or temporary staff in both full and part-time employment. Some positions involve rotating shifts schedule.
Civilian careers are attractive to those interested in working within a policing environment, but not necessarily interested in becoming a police officer. The Brockville Police Service offers a professional environment where career development and advancement opportunities are available.
For further information, please email email@example.com