2015 Summer Employment
Youth In Policing Initiative
The Brockville Police Service and the Brockville Police Service Board in partnership with the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Children and Youth Services is accepting applications for the 2015 Youth In Policing Initiative program.
PROGRAM PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
- Strengthen the relationship between youth, community and police
- Enable young people to acquire an understanding of some aspects of policing and encourage them to consider policing as a future career
- To develop a realistic understanding of the diverse roles and commitments required to become a Brockville Police Officer
- Develop and promote community service with program participants
- To establish mentors and role models beyond the YIPI program
- To be introduced to municipal and provincial governments
- To be introduced to the Criminal Justice Systems
- Create work experience and assist in the development of job readiness skills
- Build self confidence in youth
- Applicants must reside in City of Brockville or attend a Brockville School.
- Must be students between 15 and 18 years old
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted, and must not have any charges pending before the courts
- Must be Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends and evening shifts
Rate of Pay: $11.00 per hour
Location: City of Brockville
Duration: July 6, 2015 to August 28, 2015
Hours Worked: 40 hours a week, weekends, evenings
How to apply:
Pick up an application package from the Brockville Police Service, St. Mary High School, Thousand Island Secondary School, Brockville Collegiate Institute, TR Leger, and Ange-Gabriel.
Applications must be received at the Brockville Police Station by June 5th, 2015.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact for Information:
Brockville Police Service
2269 Parkedale Ave., Brockville, On. K6V 3G7
Phone: 613-342-0127 ext 4228