The Brockville Police would like to wish everyone a very fun and safe Halloween!
In doing so the service would also like to remind residents of a few safety tips for both trick-or-treaters and drivers:
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags or bring a flashlight to help drivers see you
- Always WALK and don’t run from house to house
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use crosswalks wherever possible
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Don’t stop at dark houses. Never accept rides from strangers
- Carry emergency contact information
- DON’T drink and drive
- Slow Down
- Drive with extra caution, children may be excited and distracted and have reduced visibility from costumes
Happy Halloween !!