On the 11th August 2020 the Brockville Police in a joint forces effort with the OPP and the Provincial Biker Enforcement Unit (BEU) successfully arrested and charged several individuals with various weapons and drug offences. The joint forces operation led to the arrest of two Brockville residents, Eric St. Louis and Katrina Belisle. St. Louis has been identified as a member of the Vagos motorcycle club. The accused parties were arrested on Jefferson Drive just before 2:00 PM. The investigation revealed that the accused had been using a residence on Amy Street and a hotel on Jefferson Drive to sell illicit drugs.
A third male was arrested by officers when they conducted the take down. The male, Richard Firth, was known to the officers and was breaching a bail condition by being out of his residence.
Search warrants were executed at the Amy St. residence and the hotel room on Jefferson.
Recovered from the searches:
- Large quantity of cocaine, street value $8250
- Large quantity of crystal methamphetamine, street value $5950
- Crack cocaine, street value $620
- Psilocybin (magic mushrooms), street value $86
- Hydro morphine pills, street value $2750
- Large quantity of Canadian currency
- Debt lists
- Cell phones
- 2 replica long guns
- Homemade weapon with razors inserted
- Prohibited knife
- Packaging materials
Total street value of drugs seized was, $17,656, not including thousands in currency.
Eric St. Louis 31 of Brockville is charged with possession of a prohibited weapon, contrary to a prohibition order times 2, contrary to 117.01(1) CCC.
Katrina Belisle 41 of Brockville and St. Louis are jointly charged with:
- possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine (schedule I), 5(2) CDSA
- possession for the purpose of trafficking crack (schedule I), 5(2) CDSA
- possession for the purpose of trafficking crystal methamphetamine (schedule I), 5(2) CDSA
- possession for the purpose of trafficking hydro morphine (schedule I), 5(2) CDSA
- possession for the purpose of trafficking psilocybin (schedule III), 5(2) CDSA
- prohibited weapon, unauthorized possession, 91(2) CCC
All have been held in custody.