October 19 – 20, 2017 Incidents

Aviva Community Fund voting

The Brockville Police would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for our After School Program bid for the Aviva Community Fund grant. In the voting, the Brockville Police Services after School Program finished 2nd in all of Canada and 1st in our category of Community Development.

The 15 ideas that receive the most votes in each of the two funding levels in the Community Development, Community Health and Community Resilience categories plus the 5 ideas that receive the most votes in the Community Legacy category and the idea with the highest Aviva broker partner votes (Top Ranked Broker-Supported idea) will become Finalists.

The 35 Finalists are then evaluated by an independent panel of judges who choose the Grand Prize Winners. Grand Prize Winners receive up to $100,000 (if entered into the large level of funding), up to $50,000 (if entered into the small level of funding) and $150,000 (if entered into the Community Legacy category). Finalists that do not become Grand Prize Winners will receive a $5,000 donation to a charity of their choice.

Finalists are to be announced on November 1st.


Vehicles Entered

During the 24 hour period from Thursday morning at 7am until 7am Friday morning the Brockville Police Service took 5 reports of vehicles entered throughout the city. Most of the occurrences consisted of minor thefts of small amounts of money and loose change or ransacking of the vehicles.

Police again remind residents to avoid leaving valuables visible in your car, lock all doors and garages and to park in an area that is well lit and if possible heavily travelled so as to not tempt would be thieves.


Disturb the Peace

A 52 year old Brockville man was arrested early this morning after a Crawford Street resident called saying the man was extremely intoxicated and out of control.

At 1:20 a.m. Brockville Police received a call to Crawford Street about a disturbance. When officers arrived they found the man to be very intoxicated and still being loud and not calming down. As a result officers arrested the man and conveyed to the police station where spent the night.

During the arrest officers located a small amount of marijuana on the man. In the morning he was released from custody when sober, and his drugs seized for destruction.