In a joint forces operation, six people are facing charges after the Brockville Police Service alongside the Ontario Provincial Police executed a search warrant at 69 King St. East.
The joint forces operation executed a search warrant using the Emergency Response Team that resulted in the seizure of a quantity of crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, oxycodone pills and weapons including a switch blade knife. Also seized were a motor vehicle and a large quantity of Canadian currency.
Four people were arrested at the scene and two individuals were arrested in the vehicle.
Andrew Beauregard, 43 years of age, was charged with 4 counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking, He was held in custody for a bail hearing.
Also charged, but released:
- 53 year old female – possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking and failing to comply with a bail condition
- 49 year old male – charged with possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
- 62 year old male – 4 counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
- 51 year old female – 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking and breach of probation
- 40 year old male – possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
Their names cannot be released until the information is sworn to.
A 43 year old male was arrested at the Brockville General Hospital for being intoxicated in a public place. The male was arrested shortly after midnight when staff at the hospital called police to deal with the male. He was held in custody until sober and charged with being intoxicated in a public place.
Officers conducting the downtown enforcement initiative were advised of a male passed out at Cunningham Park. The officers located a 41 year old male who had set up residence in the park. He was moved along and cleaned up his campsite.
The officers stopped a vehicle shortly after 10 PM on King St. West. The vehicle was occupied by a 42 year old unlicensed driver and an 18 year old female. The officers observed an open container of liquor in the vehicle and located a can of mace, brass knuckles and crystal methamphetamine. The 42 year old male was charged with 2 counts of being in possession of a prohibited weapon, possession of a controlled substance, drive motor vehicle with an open container of alcohol, drive with cannabis readily accessible and prohibited drive. The 18 year old female was not charged.
While conducting this traffic stop the officers were passed by a motor vehicle that had the wrong plates on it. That vehicle was stopped and the 50 year old male driver along with the 43 year old male passenger are found to be in possession of a quantity of illicit drugs.
The 50 year old driver was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Use plates not authorized (Highway Traffic Act)
- Fail to wear seatbelt (Highway Traffic Act)
The 43 year old passenger was charged with:
- 2 x possession of a controlled substance
- Passenger fail to wear seatbelt (Highway Traffic Act)