November 28 – 29, 2016 Incidents


A local, 46 year old woman was arrested for theft after being caught shoplifting at a north end box store.  Store security approached her as she left the store, making no attempt to pay for her goods.  Brockville Police responded at their request on the 28th shortly after 6:00 pm.

The woman was released at the scene after being given a future fingerprint and court date.


Domestic Assault

A local man called police himself after punching his spouse in the head, causing injuries.

On the 29th, around 6:30 pm, Brockville Police attended the residence and spoke to both parties who had been consuming alcohol.  During a dispute, the 63 year old struck the victim in the forehead which later required stitches to close the wound.  She was treated and released from hospital after being escorted by ambulance staff.  Officers arrested and charged the man with assault causing bodily harm.

He was held in custody pending a bail hearing.


Domestic Mischief

After getting into an argument with his girlfriend, a local man punched a television in the residence, cracking the screen.

Brockville Police attended the north end residence on the 29th around 9:30 pm.  The 22 year old is now being sought by police to obtain his version of the events.  He had left the area prior to officers arriving.

The complainant was not assaulted or injured during the incident.


Impaired Driving

Lying to staff ended badly for a man wanting to drive instead of calling a cab.

The 30 year old, from Virgil, Ontario, told employees of a north end eatery he was calling a cab after having too much to drink.  He was then observed driving away from their parking lot and police were called.  Officers stopped the man a short distance away on the 29th around 11:00 pm, after a description of the car was obtained.  After his breath sample on a roadside unit registered a fail, he was arrested for being over the legal limit.

Later at the station, two samples of his breath revealed readings almost twice the legal limit.  He was released when safe to do so but his vehicle was impounded and his licence suspended for 90 days.

A future court and fingerprint date was issued.