The Brockville Police Service is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Part-Time Dispatcher. The Brockville Police serve the community of Brockville Ontario which has a population of approximately 23,215 people and handled 12,762 calls for service in 2014. A dispatcher at the Brockville Police Service is constantly busy and will perform a number of different duties each shift.
- Have completed a post-secondary education in an 911 Emergency response field.
- Be a team player and willing to adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Be a quick learner, who is self-motivated and able to perform without constant supervision.
- Be available to work part-time in a busy communications centre.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a history of working with the public.
- Have excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts, days or nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Knowledge of police operations and previous experience in the police dispatching field will be considered an asset.
If you possess these qualifications and would like to work in a fast paced environment, please forward a cover letter and resume to the attention of Deputy Chief Lee MacArthur c/o The Brockville Police Service 2269 Parkedale Avenue, Brockville Ontario K6V3G9 by October 20th, 2015. We would like to thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.